- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Diversity
- Families and Children
- Financial Assistance
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Mental health resources
- Older People
- Public Health
- Wellbeing and Safety
- Tenant Hire of Council Community Facilities
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Developing Maroondah
- Environment & Waste
- Parks & Open Space
- Leisure & Culture
- Online services
- Planning, Building & Property
- Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre
- Transport & Parking
James N Stevens Scholarship
Scholarship opportunity with Council in the Corporate Services Directorate
Each year, Maroondah City Council offers a scholarship in recognition of the many years of valuable service given to the local community by the former Deputy Town Clerk of the City of Croydon, the late Mr James (Jim) Stevens.
The Scholarship is valued at $3000 and must be completed within a 12 month period. The successful candidate will be paid in accordance with Award provisions and commensurate with responsibilities to the value of the Scholarship.
The intent of the Scholarship is to provide a practical placement within Council’s Corporate Services Directorate at a mutually convenient time.
This placement will assist with the student's development and provide an insight into career opportunities in Local Government.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Students must reside in the City of Maroondah
- Students must have successfully completed at least the first year of a course at a Tertiary Institute or College (including T.A.F.E.) and be undertaking, or about to undertake, second year tertiary studies in the areas of:
|Finance / Accounting||Records Management|
|Information Technology||Customer Service|
|Human Resources||Council Administration - ie: Governance|
|Rates / Revenue||Risk Management|
Applications for 2015 are currently closed. The scholarship will be advertised early 2016 via Council’s careers@maroondah
For further information please call Anastasia Antonio in Human Resources on 9298 4243.