- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Diversity
- Families and Children
- Financial Assistance
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Mental health resources
- Older People
- Public Health
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Tenant Hire of Council Community Facilities
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Developing Maroondah
- Bedford Road / Great Ryrie Street – Installation of traffic signals
- Croydon Connects
- Croydon Town Centre Structure Plan
- Dromsally Reserve
- Golf Links Estate
- Have your say on future housing in Maroondah
- Lincoln Road & Croydon Road intersection upgrades
- Neighbourhood Character Study
- Scenic Avenue Flood Mitigation
- Ware Crescent & Davey Drive, Ringwood East – Road rehabilitation
- Environment & Waste
- Parks & Open Space
- Leisure & Culture
- Online services
Planning, Building & Property
- Drainage & Stormwater
- Environmentally Sustainable Design
- Fencing & Access
- Footpaths & Naturestrips
- Heritage Online
- Permits & Guidelines
- Reformed Commercial and Residential Zones for Victoria
- Tree Removal
- Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre
- Transport & Parking
Building permit information
Most building work in Victoria requires a building permit. A Building permit must be obtained before work commences on any project. To find out more information about work that requires a permit and information required for a building permit application contact Building Services on 9298 4327 or see Before you build for more information.
For further information on required paperwork for Building Permits see the Victorian Building Authority has a useful resource:
Permit application requirements
Council's Building Surveyors/Inspectors can advise on buidling regulations (eg. alterations, pools, sheds and fences etc). The following checklist may assist with your Building Permit Application.
Note: This checklist is a guide only and we recommend you discuss the process with a Private Building Surveyor as the requirements may vary.
Please contact Building Services on 9298 4327 for any further queries on the permit application process.
A Planning Permit may also be required.
Before you apply for a Building Permit, you should obtain confirmation from Council's Planning Services to see if works require a Planning Permit.
You can contact Council's Planning Services on 9298 4287 for advice. We recommend that you obtain this advice in writing by using the following Request for Planning Information form.
Request for Planning Information
Is a Planning Permit required for this proposal?
For further information, please contact Maroondah City Council Building Services
on 9298 4327