- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Diversity
- Families and Children
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Mental health resources
- Older People
- Public Health
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Welfare & Financial Assistance
- Developing Maroondah
- Environment & Waste
- Parks & Reserves
- Leisure & Culture
- Planning, Building & Property
- Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre
- Transport & Parking
Community Access Mental Health Alliance (CAMHA)
2468 Warburton Hwy
Yarra Junction Vic 3797
Community Support Worker
Who we are
CAMHA is a non-profit organisation that offers mental health support. We operate under the community inclusion model which stresses the importance of helping to remove the barriers faced by our clients including isolation, stigma and financial limitations. This is achieved by offering participants individual appointments, social support, group activities and access to community programs such as Strength Based Training project, local men’s sheds and community houses.
Where we work
The CAMHA site is situated in Yarra Junction in the Shire of Yarra Ranges. In addition to our role of providing onsite programs and individual support to clients, staff engage in community education projects in the local area. CAMHA has partnerships with local businesses and community organisations as well as other services including, mental health outreach programs, housing, employment, financial counselling, Eastern Legal, as well as Clinical, Youth and Disability services.
Who we work with
CAMHA service is open to anyone aged between 16 and 64 living with a diagnosed mental health issue who resides anywhere within the Shire of Yarra Ranges. CAMHA has many community partnerships, we work with Belgravia Leisure Group (Recreation & Physical Health) , Yarra Valley Community Health (Allied Health Services), Upper Yarra Community House (Education) Bens Shed (Men’s Health) and Shiralee (Carers).
What we offer businesses
CAMHA can support businesses/partners in a variety of ways including the following:
- providing knowledge and education around mental health and related topics.
- linkage to a network of welfare and other services and in the area
- promotion and acknowledgment of our partners and the socially conscious work that they undertake.
- team building volunteering opportunities
- use of resources ie: meeting space, gym equipment, dedicated art area,
- facilitation of classes around the arts.
How can you partner with us?
Businesses can partner with CAMHA in a variety of ways which include:
- providing volunteering opportunities for clients
- providing training and education opportunities
- sharing of skills
- sharing of resources such as space for meetings, equipment photocopying and possible giving away of old equipment rather than throwing it out.
- use of a space for a collection point for material aid etc
- shared marketing of projects to promote both services.
Partnership benefits to our clients and the community
CAMHA is looking for business partnerships that can help our clients to increase skills and capacities to assist them on their individual recovery journeys.
These can cover the following areas:
- pathway building
- acquisition and development of new abilities
- improved socialization and community involvement
- further study and training
- employment/ volunteering opportunities
- improvements in financial situation
- building confidence, self esteem and self worth
- development of interpersonal and communication skills
- personal growth and fulfilment.
Benefits to the wider community can include:
- adding value back into the community by increasing productivity and participation
- reduction of stigma around mental health
- a better informed and educated community
- sharing of resources/ knowledge/skills
- developing a more inclusive and integrated community
- reducing barriers for disadvantaged groups.