- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Diversity
- Families and Children
- Financial Assistance
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Mental health resources
- Older People
- Public Health
- Wellbeing and Safety
- Tenant Hire of Council Community Facilities
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Developing Maroondah
Environment & Waste
- Waste Collections
- Managing Your Waste
- Air Quality
- Environmental Publications
- Environmentally Sustainable Design
- Green Purchasing
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Groups, Events & Grants
- Keeping Dorset Recreational Reserve clean
- Our Water
- Permits & Guidelines
- Sustainable Transport
- Parks & Open Space
- Leisure & Culture
- Arts Facilities
- Maroondah Carols
- Maroondah City Council Grants Programs
- Maroondah Festival
- Maroondah Runners Club
- PartySafe Program
- Recreational & Sporting Facilities
- Recreational Publications
- Reconciliation Week
- Ride2Work Day
- Running an event in Maroondah
- Special Committees of Council
- Run Maroondah
- Online services
- Planning, Building & Property
- Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre
- Croydon Activity Centre
- Transport & Parking
On Call Hard Waste Collection
A service when you need it
If you pay a residential bin charge you are eligible for 2 hard waste collections each financial year.
Each collection must be no more than 2 cubic metres – that’s a pile 2m x 1m x 1m.
Your 2 collections per year can be booked as a double booking of 4 cubic metres – that’s a pile 4m x1m x 1m.
Book before you place your waste on the naturestrip so we know it is a booked collection and not illegally dumped waste.
To book a collection for the following week:
- Book online before 5pm Thursdays
- Call 1300 88 22 33 before 12 noon Fridays
- Visit one of Council's Service Centres before 12 noon Fridays
Public holidays: Booking deadlines are one day earlier when Friday is a public holiday in the booking week.
Please put your hard waste out on the weekend before collection.
- Place mattresses to the side of the pile.
- Remove fridge and freezer doors.
- Make sure there are no hazardous or unacceptable items.
- Place small loose items in a non-returnable box (not in plastic bags).
- Put your pink Booked sticker on an item in the pile, facing the street.
If you don't receive your sticker in time, waste will still be collected.
If any items are uncollected, check your letterbox for a note explaining any collection issues.
Booked collections cannot be changed or cancelled.
What can be collected?
- Washing machines, stoves, dryers, fridges and freezers (with doors removed)
- Electrical appliances
- Metal tools and equipment
- Lawn mowers (empty of petrol and oil)
- Empty paint tins (with lids removed)
- Old tins, scrap iron and other metal items
Other hard waste
- Mattresses (max of 3, placed separately from other items)
- Household furniture
- Internal doors (max of 3)
- Carpet and underlay (rolled & tied, max 1.5m long and no more than 2 rooms)
- Kitchenware, pottery & crockery
- Timber (up to 10 pieces, without nails or staples, max 1.5m long)
- Home improvement material such as cupboards, toilet fittings (0.5 cubic meter limit)
Glass from table tops or coffee tables (must be securely wrapped and labelled)
- No items longer than 1.5 metres (except mattresses, lounge suites and large furniture items such as buffets, bookshelves etc)
- No items that can't be lifted by two people
- No items placed out in plastic bags, including domestic garbage
- No garden waste
- No gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- No building waste including bricks, concrete, tiles, pavers, rubble, soil, pallets and insulation
- No cement sheeting, fibro, plasterboard and asbestos
- No liquid waste, chemicals and hazardous waste
- No paint cans or oil containers with any residual liquids in them
- No fencing material, including gates
- No vehicle parts including tyres, wheels, rims, body panels, batteries and engines
- No window glass, mirrors and shower screens
- No business waste - even if home based
Uncollected hard waste
Please report uncollected hard waste within one week of the scheduled collection week.