- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Diversity
- Families and Children
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Mental health resources
- Older People
- Public Health
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Welfare & Financial Assistance
- Developing Maroondah
Environment & Waste
- Air Quality
- Environmental Publications
- Environmentally Sustainable Design
- Green Purchasing
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Groups, Events & Grants
- Managing Your Waste
- Our Water
- Permits & Guidelines
- Plastic Free July Competition
- Sustainable Transport
- Waste Collections
- Parks & Reserves
- Leisure & Culture
- Planning, Building & Property
- Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre
- Transport & Parking
On Call Hard Waste Collection
A service when you need it
Household properties with a residential bin charge are eligible for a hard waste collection when they need it at no extra cost.
- Please book first before placing hard waste on the naturestrip - either by phoning 1300 88 22 33 or in person at one of Council's Service Centres.
- Council staff will explain the process, including when to put out your hard waste and when it will be collected.
- Households can have up to 2 pick ups each financial year.
- Up to two cubic metres (2m3) will be taken by the contractor per single collection booking.
- A list of accepted and not accepted items is provided below as a guide, but should not be considered an exhaustive list.
Other hard waste
- No items longer than 1.5 metres (except mattresses)
- No items that can't be lifted by two people
- No items placed out in plastic bags, including domestic garbage
- No garden waste
- No gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- No building waste including bricks, concrete, tiles, pavers, rubble, soil, pallets and insulation
- No cement sheeting, fibro, plasterboard and asbestos
- No liquid waste, chemicals and hazardous waste
- No paint cans or oil containers with any residual liquids in them
- No fencing material, including gates
- No vehicle parts including tyres, wheels, rims, body panels, batteries and engines
- No glass, mirrors and shower screens
- No business waste - even if home based
To arrange a collection it's as easy as 1, 2, 3...
Contact Council on 1300 88 22 33 for further information or to book a hard waste collection.