- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Cultural Diversity
- Families and Children
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Mental health resources
- Older People
- Public Health
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Welfare & Financial Assistance
- Developing Maroondah
Environment & Waste
- Air Quality
- Environmental Publications
- Environmentally Sustainable Design
- Green Purchasing
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Groups, Events & Grants
- Managing Your Waste
- Our Water
- Permits & Guidelines
- Sustainable Transport
- Waste Collections
- Parks & Open Space
- Leisure & Culture
- Planning, Building & Property
- Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre
- Transport & Parking
On Call Hard Waste Collection
A service when you need it
Household properties with a residential bin charge are eligible for a hard waste collection when they need it at no extra cost.
- Please book first before placing hard waste on the naturestrip - either by phoning 1300 88 22 33 or in person at one of Council's Service Centres.
- Council staff will explain the process, including when to put out your hard waste and when it will be collected.
- Households can have up to 2 pick ups each financial year.
- Up to two cubic metres (2m3) will be taken by the contractor per single collection booking.
- A list of accepted and not accepted items is provided below as a guide, but should not be considered an exhaustive list.
The Christmas and New Year period remains one of the busiest times for the service, so please book your collection by Tuesday 9 December 2014 if you want it collected before Christmas.
Any bookings taken from Monday 15 December to Friday 19 December will be scheduled for collection the week beginning 29 December (from Wednesday to Friday).
Other hard waste
- No items longer than 1.5 metres (except mattresses)
- No items that can't be lifted by two people
- No items placed out in plastic bags, including domestic garbage
- No garden waste
- No gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- No building waste including bricks, concrete, tiles, pavers, rubble, soil, pallets and insulation
- No cement sheeting, fibro, plasterboard and asbestos
- No liquid waste, chemicals and hazardous waste
- No paint cans or oil containers with any residual liquids in them
- No fencing material, including gates
- No vehicle parts including tyres, wheels, rims, body panels, batteries and engines
- No glass, mirrors and shower screens
- No business waste - even if home based
To arrange a collection it's as easy as 1, 2, 3...
Contact Council on 1300 88 22 33 for further information or to book a hard waste collection.