- About Council
- About Maroondah
- Animals, Local Laws & Permits
- Community & Health
- Community Business Partnerships
- Community Directory
- Community Funding
- Community Involvement
- Community Diversity
- Families and Children
- Fundraising & Community Events
- Notlen Reserve and Norwood Preschool closed
- Older People
- Public Health
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Volunteering in Maroondah
- Welfare & Financial Assistance
- Developing Maroondah
- Environment & Waste
- Green Space
- Leisure & Recreation
- Planning, Building & Property
- Ringwood Activities Area
- Transport & Parking
The following information provides a point of reference for transport services in Maroondah and is intended as a guide only.
Metro Trains operates two main metropolitan rail lines throughout Maroondah – the Lilydale and Belgrave lines.
Information on timetables
- Public Transport Victoria (PTV) (a guide to public transport in Melbourne and Victoria)
1800 800 007
- Older residents with a hearing or speech impairment (TTY)
- V/Line passenger information - country rail travel
1800 800 007
- Wheelchair accessible low floor bus services are identified on the bus timetable
Bus rountes operating in Maroondah and to neighbouring areas are provided by the following companies:
- Ventura Passenger Services
9488 2100 (mobile site)
- McKenzie Tourist Services
- Airport Bus Eastside runs a service between the airport and designated stops throughout Maroondah. Bookings and pre-payment are required.
For Telebus services in Croydon, Chirnside Park and Mooroolbark call 9735 3133.
Taxi ranks are often situated at shopping precincts or railway stations. Companies servicing Maroondah are:
- Silver Top Taxis 131 008
- 13 CABS 132 227
For the elderly or those with a disability
When booking a taxi, request a driver who is known to demonstrate courtesy, and a willingness to assist if movement in and out of the vehicle is difficult.
Residents with a permanent or severe disability who cannot access public transport by themselves may seek membership to the Multi-Purpose Taxi Program, which offers concessional taxi travel. Apply through the Victorian Taxi Directorate on 1800 638 802.
Community transport services are provided by various organisations to complement gaps in existing transport systems.
Eastern Transport Register
The Eastern Transport Register is a vehicle sharing register that operates across the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne. It offers transport options for the elderly, as well as people with disabilities and their carers. 9879 6972
Red Cross Patient Transport Service
The Red Cross Patient Transport Service is a service for people who are isolated and have limited transport options to attend essential medical appointments. 1800 246 850
Public transport to Council Service Centres
City Offices Service Centre
Braeside Ave, Ringwood
Ringwood East Station, on the Lilydale Line, is about a 12 minute walk from Braeside Ave.
- Bus services with stops within 3 minutes walk
670 Ringwood to Lilydale
Eastland Service Centre
Level 2, Eastland, Ringwood
- Belgrave and Lilydale line trains and buses travel through Ringwood Station and Bus Interchange, which is only a 5 minute walk from the Eastland Service Centre.
Civic Square Service Centre
Civic Square, Croydon
Croydon Station, on the Lilydale line, is about a 10 minute walk to Civic Square.
- Bus services with stops within 4 minutes walk
688 Croydon to Olinda
690 Croydon to Boronia
737 Croydon to Monash University
A number of bus services stop at the Croydon Bus Interchange located either side of Croydon Station.
Public Transport Ombudsman
The Public Transport Ombudsman (PTO) Ltd is a free, confidential and impartial alternative dispute resolution scheme available to people who use or are affected by public passenger transport services, or related activities of public transport in Victoria.
Public Transport Ombudsman