Main Content Anchor

Drainage Issues

Find out who to content below for drainage issues. 

Issue Who to contact 
Blocked or broken Council drain

Report a drainage issue

If it's an emergency, contact Council on 1300 88 22 33 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week),

Blocked or leaking private drain  Contact a plumber.
Burst water mains, burst sewerage or issues with water supply
Contact Yarra Valley Water on 132 762. 
Water coming onto your land from a neighbours property  Speak with your neighbour to find a solution or contact Dispute Settlement Centre Victoria

Damaged or broken pit lids 

Example of pit lid

Report damaged or broken pit lid

Alternatively call Council on 1300 88 22 33.

Other services assets
Utility service lids are owned by other authorities such as Telstra, Ausnet or Yarra Valley Water.

Example of utility service lid

We appreciate your assistance in notifying us of broken utility service pit lids. It is helpful if you can:

  • Report the exact location of the pit, such as street name and number.
  • Identify the lid by their owner name, which should be printed on the top, for example Telstra, Melbourne Water, United Energy etc.
  • Make the area as safe as possible until response crews arrive. 

 To notify us, please phone Council on 1300 88 22 33. 

Back to top