Maroondah Parking Framework
Council is looking to the future to ensure we cater for the parking needs of our community.
Following community consultation for the development of the Maroondah 2040 Community Vision, Council developed the Maroondah Parking Framework. The framework takes into account the views and priorities expressed by our community and outlines how Council manages and plans for future parking needs.
- describes Council’s vision for the management of parking
- identifies relevant policies and considerations that will inform decisions about parking
- supports the development of an action plan to help Council meet its objectives and responsibilities in relation to parking.
Council is undertaking a series of key actions to support the Framework. These will include:
- parking guidelines for specific land use areas
- enhancing traffic safety
- increasing the use of sustainable transport modes
- developing a Maroondah car share policy
- adopting a best practice approach to dealing with parking complaints and safety concerns
- reviewing the parking management strategy around Maroondah Hospital
- addressing overflow parking issues across the municipality.
View the framework
Maroondah Parking Framework(PDF, 1MB)