Workplace Flu Program
Council's Immunisation Service offers influenza vaccinations to eligible Maroondah businesses.
What is influenza?
Influenza, also known as the flu, is a highly contagious viral infection that can cause severe illness and life-threatening complications, including pneumonia.
The flu spreads from person to person via saliva, sneezing, coughing and runny noses. People are usually contagious before their symptoms begin and for up to one week after symptoms start.
The influenza vaccine is currently the most effective measure available to prevent the flu.
Workplace Flu Program
Workplace flu sessions can ensure your staff remain healthy during the flu season. Benefits of having a Workplace Flu Program include:
- reducing the spread of the flu
- maintaining productivity
- reducing the cost of absenteeism at work
- investing in your staff’s health and increasing staff morale.
Why book with us?
What else should staff know?
- You can’t get flu from the flu vaccine. The flu shot is safe and effective and doesn’t contain any live virus, so it can’t give you the flu. Some people may have had the experience of 'flu-like symptoms' with a previous flu shot. These may be mild reactions to the vaccine, or a different cold virus or (unluckily) they might have already been incubating flu when they got their shot. The vaccine gives protection about two weeks after the shot.
- The flu vaccine should be received every year. The flu shot changes every year to match different strains of the flu. People who are vaccinated against flu every year are better protected than those who are not vaccinated.
- If your staff are currently eligible and planning to have their COVID-19 vaccine or booster, ATAGI has advised that the flu vaccine can be co-administered (on the same day) with a COVID-19 vaccine or anytime before or after. There may be a slight increase in mild to moderate symptoms following the COVID-19 vaccine.
Council is not able to offer COVID-19 vaccine at this time. To find out where to get a COVID vaccine, please visit the Better Health Channel website.
- businesses must be located within Maroondah
- minimum of 23 employees must be booked.
Please note a minimum two weeks of notice is recommended to ensure availability.
The cost of a Workplace Flu Program is $28 per person for a minimum of 23 staff. We will be administering the latest Influenza vaccine for 2023.
Book a session
To book a session, please complete the Workplace Flu Booking Form below and email it to Immunisation.firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace Flu Program form
What happens next
Once you have sent off your Workplace Flu Booking Form, we will contact you and confirm the booking.
You will then be provided with information that you can send to your staff along with the flu Workplace Flu Vaccine Consent forms.
We will contact you again 3 days prior to the immunisation date to discuss the immunisation area arrangements and confirm the approximate number of staff.
On the day
We will arrive half an hour prior to the scheduled time provided to your staff to set up. Each staff member will receive a vaccination record and will be advised to stay in the immunisation area for 15 minutes after their vaccination for observation.
After the workplace flu session
An invoice will be sent to you for payment and you will also receive a list of the staff members that received the flu vaccine for your records.
The vaccinations will be recorded on our database and reported to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
For further information on Council's Workplace Flu Program, contact Council on 1300 88 22 33.