Public question time
Question time provides an opportunity for you to raise an issue with Council.
Your questions must be submitted via a Council form no later than 12 midday on the day of a Council meeting.
Submit a question to Council
Public question form and process
About question time
- Fifteen minutes is allocated to question time at each Council meeting.
- Each person has a limit of two questions.
- Where questions are divided into parts, each part will be considered a separate question.
- Any questions that go unanswered will be responded to via a letter from Council.
- A question may be disallowed if it:
- is repetitive of a question already asked, either at the current Council Meeting or a previous Council Meeting
- is deemed to be objectionable or irrelevant
- raises an issue of a confidential nature
- is asked to embarrass either a councillor or member of Council staff.
- No debate or discussion of questions or answers is permitted.