Before submitting your planning application, you can discuss your proposal with Council.
For larger or more complex applications such as multi dwelling development, change in land use, apartment buildings or mixed-use developments, we encourage you to submit your concept plans in writing by applying for Planning Pre-Application advice.
Council may respond to your request over the phone, in writing, or arrange a pre-application meeting. This is a free service.
Planning pre-application advice can help you:
- identify any planning issues prior to lodging an application
- understand the permit requirements and information you need to include in your planning application
- get accurate advice early in the process to streamline the application process.
There are many elements that are best considered at the preliminary design stage. These may include:
- Building siting and layout (including density, height and massing)
- Retention of significant vegetation and opportunities for landscaping
- Environmental sustainable design
- Use of land and operating a business.
Please note that the pre-application advice provided is preliminary and does not replace a full assessment of the proposal. Other matters may be raised following a full planning application assessment including a site visit, referral comments, objections or any other matter.
Apply for Planning pre-application advice