Main Content Anchor

Drainage and stormwater

Under Local Law, all household drains and their maintenance are the responsibility of the resident. This means the section of drainage that lies within the property boundaries are also the responsibility of the resident.

Council is responsible from the legal point of discharge. This is the drain connection at the point where the water from your property reaches the gutter. 

Council is also responsible for: 

  • some of the stormwater drains under and alongside roads
  • drainage and service pits
  • lids and grates. 

These assets are programmed for ongoing clearance and maintenance throughout the year.

Back to top