Community Assistance Fund
To offer assistance to community groups with urgent or unforeseen costs and to assist individuals to meet costs associated with participation in community activities such as sporting competitions, self development initiatives or arts interests.
- Individual applicants must be a resident of Maroondah.
- Organisations must be an incorporated community group with not for profit status or auspice by an eligible organisation.
- Organisations and individuals must operate within or provide a substantial benefit to the Maroondah Community.
- Organisations must maintain Public Liability Insurance Cover ($20 million minimum cover).
- Applicant must not have already received Council funding in the same financial year.
Applicants can only apply once per financial year to the Community Assistance Fund and requests must not be retrospective.
Successful applicants will be required to nominate and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Increase participation.
- Encourage volunteering.
- Provide leadership opportunities.
- Increase learning and skill development.
- Build a stronger and better community in the City of Maroondah.
Community and Cultural benefit
- New initiatives that will address a clearly identified community or cultural need.
- Contribution to arts and cultural development in Maroondah
- Expansion of an existing service to improve service outcomes & community wellbeing.
Applications can be received throughout the year and are assessed on an ongoing basis.
Within one month of the completion of the project, successful organisation applicants must provide a brief financial acquittal of funds including receipts relating to the grant and complete a brief evaluation.
Within one month of attending the event, successful individual applicants are to provide evidence of participation at the event.
Community Assistance Fund guidelines(PDF, 2MB)
Community Assistance Fund guidelines(DOCX, 2MB)
Leisure Services Administration Officer on 9294 5709.