Public immunisation sessions
We provide vaccinations to babies, young children, adolescents and adults at all sessions as per the National Immunisation Program (NIP) and the Immunisation Schedule Victoria.
Our sessions are held at the following venues:
- Maroondah Federation Estate, 32 Greenwood Ave, Ringwood
- Aquahub, 11 Civic Square, Croydon
- North Ringwood Community House, 35-39 Tortice Drive, Ringwood North
- Arrabri Community Centre, 42 Allambanan Dr, Bayswater North
Maroondah has moved to a new booking platform, Central Immunisation Records Victoria (CIRV). This is a Victorian Department of Health platform.
To book an appointment for yourself or for your family on CIRV, you will be requested to create a secure account to use the portal for the first time. This will allow us to link your CIRV account to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and successively upload your or your family’s immunisation records. To create an account, you will require:
- your email address
- access to your nominated email account
- Medicare card details (if available)
Book online (CIRV - Department of Health website)
For more information or for help using the online immunisation booking system, please call our Community Health team on 1300 88 22 33.
Once you have booked via CIRV, you will receive an email and an SMS to confirm your booking.
Flu vaccine 2023
The highest level of protection occurs in the first 3 to 4 months following vaccination. Annual vaccination should ideally occur before the onset of each flu season. This is usually from June to September in most parts of Australia. Vaccinating from April provides protection before the peak season.
Council offers free flu vaccines for the following persons as per NIP:
- children aged 6 months to 4 years and 11 months
- persons above the age of 65 years and over
- pregnant women (any stage of pregnancy)
- persons aged from 6 months who have certain medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications; such as, severe asthma, lung or heart disease, low immunity or diabetes
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from 6 months of age.
Council also offers (non-funded) flu vaccine at$29 per dose (payment to be made via eftpos only). Book online. (link to book online accordion)
Council is not able to offer COVID vaccine at this time. To find out where to get a COVID vaccine, please visit the Victorian Government website
Things to remember for your appointment
On the day
- For Parents and Carers, please bring your child’s Medicare Card and Child Health Record to the session.
- We ask that you please wear a face mask while at the session.
- Please do not attend if you or a family member is unwell, especially with any symptoms of flu or COVID-19, including a fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, Please reschedule your appointment.
- Only bring the necessary family members to the appointment.
Please remain at the venue for 15 minutes following your vaccination for observation. If a reaction to a vaccine occurs, or persists for a long time, please contact your GP or nearest hospital.
Important vaccine age limitations for babies
- 6 week immunisations cannot be given even one day early.
- 4 and 6 month immunisations must have an eight week gap between them.
Please be aware that if you present to a session when your child is not at the correct age, we may be unable to immunise your child.
Council is not able to offer COVID vaccine at this time. To find out where to get a COVID vaccine, please visit: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine
If you would like to provide feedback on our immunisation services, please do so below. Your feedback will help us improve the services we provide to the community.
Contact Council's immunisation team: