Council's occupational therapy service aims to improve safety in the home and maximise independence by providing home safety assessments, recommending equipment and strategies to use in your home and recommending methods to complete daily tasks independently.
The service also offers short courses and other group and individual programs.
Good Food for Me
The Good Food for Me program is aimed at helping seniors gain knowledge to take charge of their nutrition and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The program includes:
- information to help make better choices to improve physical and mental health
- information on how to read nutrition labels and make wise food purchases
- budget-friendly meals ideas
- ideas on how to reduce food waste and save money
- information on safe food handling and storage ideas.
The program is aimed at residents aged 65+ (50+ for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identity).
Refreshments will be provided during the sessions.
- Dates: Friday 26 August, Friday 2 September, Friday 9 September and Friday 16 September
- Time: 9.30 to 11.30am
- Where: Aquahub function room, Civic Square, Croydon (parking available)
- Cost: small materials fee, contact us to enquire
Make a booking
To make a booking, contact Gillian on 1300 88 22 33 or 9298 4598 or email OT@maroondah.vic.gov.au.
Good Food for Me flyer(DOCX, 563KB)
For further information on this program and others, contact Council on 1300 88 22 33.
To communicate with us in a language other than English, call our interpreter service on 131 450.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service and give the Maroondah City Council number you want to call.