The purpose of this Complaints Policy is to outline how Maroondah City Council (Council) manages complaints.
This policy applies to all customers, employees, Councillors, contractors, agents and volunteers of Council.
This policy does not apply to decisions or processes once other legislative processes are in place or those that are bound by specific legislative procedure. Examples of these decisions or processes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complaints relating to a Council or Committee resolution
- Complaints relating to a planning application or decision
- Complaints relating to compliance infringements: parking, local law, animal management, health, planning or building
- Complaints relating to building, health and food services
- Complaints relating to a Councillor when not performing their role as a Councillor
- Complaints alleging fraud, corruption or other criminal behaviour
- Freedom of Information requests
- Work related grievances from a Council employee (i.e. complaints relating to their employment)
- Complaints already reviewed by an external agency.
- Where a compliant is outside Council’s service responsibility, the complainant will be directed to the appropriate authority or service provider.
This policy aims to:
- enhance an open and transparent complaint handling system
- specify the key performance indicators to which we will hold ourselves accountable
- establish our timeframes for resolving complaints
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of employees
- ensure staff handle complaints fairly and objectively
- set out how employees record and analyse complaint data to identify where we can improve our services.
Complaints Policy(DOCX, 272KB)
Complaints Policy(PDF, 509KB)
Feedback, complaints and escalating an issue
Customer feedback and complaints form