Main Content Anchor

Road and footpath closure permit application form

  • Road, footpath and naturestrip

Builders and contractors planning to undertake works on Council-owned roads, footpaths or naturestrips are required to have a road and/or footpath closure permit before works commence.

More about road and footpath closures

Applications will be assessed within 10 working days of submission of the application.

You will need to provide:

  • current Public Liability Insurance – Certificate of Cover
  • a Traffic Management Plan (incorporating a job site risk assessment)
  • a VicRoads approved Memorandum of Authorisation (MOA), if conducting works on an Arterial Road
  • a VicRoads approved Memorandum of Authorisation (MOA), if Major Traffic Control Items will be utilised, such as temporary traffic signals
  • written notification to affected businesses/residents/public transport providers if applicable 
  • notification to Emergency Services of possible detours or expected significant delays.

Apply online

Apply and pay online

You will need to enter the details of the street, your details, and then specific information for the application.

Applying regularly? Log in or register online.

Apply and pay in writing or at our Service Centres

Road and/or footpath closure permit application form  (pdf, 249KB)

Road and/or footpath closure permit application form  (doc, 304KB)

You can also call 1300 88 22 33 or 9298 4598 to have an application form mailed to you.

Back to top