Notice of the preparation of Amendment C130maro
Maroondah City Council has prepared Amendment C130maro to the Maroondah Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the amendment is within the Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre (Ringwood MAC) shown in the figure below, includes:
- To the north, the Bypass from EastLink to Mt Dandenong Road,
- To the east, Ringwood Lake and Bedford Park to Pitt Street,
- To the south, Bedford Road, to Station Street then following the properties to the rear of Station Street through to Wantirna Road. The boundary then follows the train line to New Street, then along Molan Street to Heatherdale Road (Municipal boundary).
- To the west, the boundary follows Heatherdale Road to Maroondah Highway then the eastern side of EastLink through to the Bypass.
The Amendment implements objectives and strategies of the Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre Masterplan through the application of local policy, zones and overlays. The Amendment also updates the relevant objectives and strategies of the following documents:
- Maroondah 2040: Our future together (Maroondah City Council, 2014)
- Maroondah Housing Strategy (Maroondah City Council, 2016)
- Maroondah Council Plan 2017-2021 (Maroondah City Council, 2019)
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 30 March 2020.
A submission must be sent to:
Maroondah City Council
Mr Phil Turner
Director Planning and Community
PO Box 156
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.