Bill Wilkins Volunteer Award
The Bill Wilkins Volunteer Award recognises the outstanding contribution made by volunteers in the Maroondah community.
The annual award is named in honour of Bill Wilkins OAM in recognition of his 75 years of volunteering in Maroondah. Read more about Bill Wilkins, Honorary Freeman of the City
The Bill Wilkins Volunteer Award recognises an individual who has provided excellent volunteer service and had a positive impact on the Maroondah community. The award is also intended to enhance the public awareness and appreciation of the quality and depth of voluntary service in the Maroondah community.
- Nominees must volunteer in the Maroondah community.
- The nominees work or activity must satisfy Volunteering Australia’s definition of volunteering, being “time willingly given for the common good and without financial gain”.
- Self nominations will not be accepted.
- Maroondah Councillors, Maroondah Council employees, State and Federal politicians are not eligible, but are encouraged to nominate others.
- The award winner should be willing to share their achievements in the 12 months after winning. This may include, but is not limited to, having their photo taken and story promoted across a range of media including on Council’s website and social media; volunteer promotional campaigns; and attendance at Council’s civic events.
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
Nominations closed for the 2023 award at 5pm, Tuesday 14 November, 2023. Awards will be presented in early December 2023.
Nominations for 2024 will open in January 2024.
Read more on our Bill Wilkins Award previous winners
For further information on the application process and the award, please contact Council's Volunteers & Placements Coordinator on 1300 88 22 33.