Follow us on social media to stay up to date and get involved with the latest information on Council's programs, services, facilities, events and news.
We communicate with residents in many different ways and across a range of social media platforms which are linked in our accordions below.
View our Social Media Guidelines
Wyreena Community Arts Centre
Social media guidelines
We want our social media pages to be a respectful and safe place for our community to share their thoughts and opinions and would appreciate that everyone who interacts with our social media channels adheres to our social media guidelines.
Maroondah City Council - Social Media Guidelines
Social media is a great way to keep up to date on what’s happening in Maroondah and stay connected with others in the community. We encourage your participation and engagement and appreciate hearing your feedback and experience of living in Maroondah.
We’d love you to:
- enjoy our content
- follow our channels
- actively engage with posts or comments
- share your feedback and experience living in Maroondah
- participate in our surveys
- keep up to date with news, events, and programs
- reach out with questions or for support.
Just as in person, we all have the right to feel safe. We have a responsibility to promote safety and be kind to others online. Please be mindful when posting that your comments are public and will be monitored. Comments and activity that do not reflect this will be deleted.
This includes any comments or activities that:
- harass, abuse or threaten others
- discriminate against groups or individuals
- use obscene or offensive language
- provide false or misleading information
- include promotional and commercial advertising that is unrelated to the topic
- include private information of oneself or others
- encourage others to break the law or are unlawful
- are deemed unsafe or created to incite fear in others
- are deemed inappropriate.
If you’ve reached out to us on social media with a question, complaint or feedback, we will aim to get back to you within two hours (during business hours). Sometimes we won’t have the answers straight away, but we will do our best to find them for you.
Alternatively, feel free to contact via phone on 1300 88 22 33 or email email@example.com
For more information on these guidelines, please phone Council on 1300 88 22 33.
Disclaimer: Maroondah City Council is not responsible for the views and opinions of those who comment and interact with our pages. All posts are shared with the view to keep the community connected and up to date with events, news and projects.