Maroondah Access, Inclusion and Equity Advisory Committee
The Maroondah Access, Inclusion and Equity Advisory Committee provides advice to Council to inform activities on a range of issues relating to community access, inclusion and equity.
The Committee is one of seven Council Advisory Committees that provide advice, feedback and input to support the activities of Council in working towards the community vision outlined in Maroondah 2040: Our future together.
It operates in partnership with community, government and resident stakeholders on social issues, initiatives and services concerning (but not limited to): emergency relief, homelessness, cultural and linguistic diverse communities, Indigenous and reconciliation matters, LBGTIQ+ community, gender equality and identity, social inclusion, social and affordable housing, continuous learning and volunteering.
Role of the committee
Maroondah Access, Inclusion and Equity Advisory Committee exists to:
- Advance the “Key Directions” related to social policy and community wellbeing within Maroondah 2040: Our future together.
- Advise Council on the development, implementation and review of the Maroondah Liveability Wellbeing and Resilience Strategy 2021-2031, and embedded action plans, social policies and related strategic documents.
- Work towards building partnerships that enhance community wellbeing, promote social inclusion, equity and belonging, and address social harms.
- Establish a collaborative partnership between Council and key community stakeholders.
- Inform and advise Council on key policy issues relating to their portfolio.
- Provide input into the development of strategy, policy, partnership activities and advocacy efforts in relation to community policy issues in Maroondah.
- Act as the peak Council advisory governance body on access, inclusion and equity.
The Committee consists of:
- Three Councillors as appointed annually by Council
- Agency representatives
- Community representatives
These appointments are made through an expression of interest process for a four-year term.
Council officers provide administrative support and technical advice.
Meetings are held 3-4 times each year and are conducted in accordance with meeting procedure principles as prescribed by Maroondah City Council.
As part of their responsibilities, committee members also provide input into the development of programs, projects or policy matters.
Terms of reference
Maroondah Access, Inclusion and Equity Advisory Committee Terms of Reference(PDF, 191KB)
Maroondah Access, Inclusion and Equity Advisory Committee Terms of Reference(DOCX, 207KB)
For more information contact Council on 1300 88 22 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.