Maroondah Community Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee
The Maroondah Community Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee provides advice to Council and informs social policy, community service delivery, advocacy and partnerships on a broad range of community health and wellbeing matters.
The Committee is one of four Council Advisory Committees that provide advice and input on social issues and support the work of Council in working towards the community vision outlined in Maroondah 2040: Our future together.
It operates in partnership with community, government and resident stakeholders on social issues, initiatives and services concerning (but not limited to): physical activity, healthy eating, obesity, gambling, mental health, emergency management and community recovery, impacts of climate change, and drugs and alcohol.
Role of the committee
Maroondah Community Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee exists to:
- Advance the social policy and community wellbeing related “Key Directions” within Maroondah 2040: Our Future Together.
- Advise Council on the development, implementation and review of the Maroondah Liveability Wellbeing and Resilience Strategy 2021-2031, and associated action plans, social policies and related strategic documents. along with future municipal public health plans in accordance with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
- Establish collaborative partnerships between Council and key community stakeholders that enhance community wellbeing, promote public health and address social harms.
- Foster and facilitate joint strategic planning to address health and wellbeing issues and meet the changing needs of the community.
- Provide a forum that facilitates open communication, sharing of resources, and supports improved coordination of service delivery, programs and initiatives.
- Provide input into the development of strategy, policy, partnership activities and advocacy efforts in relation to community policy issues in Maroondah.
- Act as the peak Council advisory governance body on a broad range of social policy matters relating to community health and wellbeing.
The Committee consists of:
- three Councillors, appointed annually by Council
- a minimum of eight representatives from local community service agency partners
- a maximum of four community representatives. These appointments are made through an expression of interest process for a four-year term
- Council officers to provide administrative support and technical advice.
Meetings are held 3-4 times each year and are conducted in accordance with meeting procedure principles as prescribed by Maroondah City Council.
As part of their responsibilities, committee members also provide input to stakeholder engagement activities to the support the strategic activities of Council.
Maroondah Liveability, Wellbeing and Resilience Strategy 2021-2031
A key role of this Committee is to advise and provide input to Council on the development, implementation and review of the Maroondah Liveability, Wellbeing and Resilience Strategy 2021-2031, and associated action plans, social policies and related strategic documents.
Terms of reference
Maroondah Community Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee Terms of Reference(PDF, 301KB)
Maroondah Community Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee Terms of Reference(DOCX, 282KB)
For more information contact Council’s Integrated Planning Department on 1300 88 22 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org