Maroondah Arts Advisory Committee
The arts and culture are essential to a vibrant and creative Maroondah.
Our city owes much to its many cultural strengths, its active and creative community and its popular and successful arts facilities, programs and events.
The Maroondah Arts Advisory Committee provides knowledge and advice to Council to assist in realising the community’s vision for its creative future, as outlined in key strategies and policies including Maroondah 2040 and the Maroondah Arts and Cultural Development Strategy.
In particular the Committee:
- provides advice and support for the development and implementation of key strategic directions for arts and cultural development in Maroondah
- advocates for the arts and creative industries in Maroondah
- provides advice on key cultural policy and planning considerations
- advises on approvals such as public art commissions and other acquisitions for the Maroondah City Council Art Collection
- promotes integration across other committees and advisory groups of Council including for example Maroondah Disability Advisory Committee, Maroondah Community Safety Committee and Maroondah Business Advisory Committee.
The membership of the Committee comprises three Councillors and between ten and twelve community/industry representatives who live, work or who have expertise relevant to the arts and cultural development in Maroondah. Since it was first established in May 2018, the Committee has contributed advice to Council including the Maroondah Arts and Cultural Development Strategy 2020 - 2025.
Meetings are held 3-4 times each year and are conducted in accordance with meeting procedure principles as prescribed by Maroondah City Council. As part of their responsibilities, committee members also provide input to stakeholder engagement activities from time to time to the support the strategic activities of Council.
Terms of reference
Maroondah Arts Advisory Committee Terms of Reference(PDF, 190KB)
Maroondah Arts Advisory Committee Terms of Reference(DOCX, 198KB)
Maroondah Arts and Cultural Development Strategy
View the Maroondah Arts and Cultural Development Strategy
For more information, contact Elise Murphy, Coordinator Arts & Culture on 1300 88 22 33 or email email@example.com