Before gifting, selling or recycling e-waste, it’s essential to wipe all data and perform a factory reset to protect your personal information.
Council on call hard waste collection
- Eligible residential households are entitled to a maximum of two collections per financial year. Maximum of 2 cubic metres of acceptable items taken per booking.
- To arrange collection book online now, phone 1300 88 22 33 or visit one of Council’s Customer Service Centres.
E-waste Drop Off Event
Council run e-waste recycling drop off events are run periodically throughout the year. See the electronic waste collection page for details.
Council Customer Service Centres
Small e-waste items such as, mobile phones, chargers, cords, cameras, tablets, torches, smartwatches and cables can be dropped off for free to the Recycling station at Realm, 179 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood.
Household batteries and mobile phones can be dropped off for free at one of Council’s Customer Service Centres.
Equipment Recycling Network Inc (ERNI)
- 17 Greenwood Avenue, Ringwood
- Ph: 9879 5211
- Hours: 9am – 2pm Tuesdays & Thursdays
*Not accepting CRT or LCD monitors at the moment
1800 Ewaste (1800 392 783)
National Television & Computer Recycling Scheme
The National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme provides Australian householders and small business with access to free recycling services for:
- computer products (such as keyboards, mice and hard drives).
Nearby drop-off locations are provided below.
Scipher Technologies provides free drop off for all electronic devices, including TVs, computers, laptops, printers, computer hardware, electrical tools and household appliances. Scipher Technologies is monitored by CCTV 24/7.
Please remove batteries from devices before drop-off. Place items into collection cage at the rear of carpark.
- 7 Mills Road, Dandenong
- Ph: 1300 406 746
Visit 'Tips - Transfer Stations'
Harvey Norman Warehouse Mitcham
- 4 Redland Drive, Mitcham
* TVs and printers only
Officeworks stores will accept up to 5 computers and computer accessories, in the one drop-off transaction per customer. For more information on what items are accepted and closest store location, visit the Officeworks website.
- Free drop off service for mobile phones, chargers, batteries and internet dongles. There are a number of drop off locations throughout Maroondah. Visit www.mobilemuster.com.au for your closest location.
- Council's Service Centres:
- Croydon Service Centre, Croydon Library, Civic Square, Croydon
- Realm, 179 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood