Household chemical collection
Sustainability Victoria, in partnership with local government, host chemical collection events across Victoria for households to safely dispose of chemicals.
You can attend as many events as you like, at any location. You must register for these collections online.
If you would like to receive updates on chemical collection events, please sign up to our Waste and Sustainability newsletter
You can view all upcoming collections on the Detox your Home website.
If you can't get to an event, it is important to safely store your old or unwanted household chemicals at home until you can dispose of them correctly. Find out how to safely store your chemicals.
Find out what items are accepted through the Detox your Home program.
Local drop-off sites for paint and other products
These items can be disposed of throughout the year at permanent Victorian drop-off sites:
- household batteries
- engine oil
- fluorescent tubes
- compact fluorescent lamps.
Please check current opening hours and conditions of entry with the individual facility.
- Banyule Waste Recovery Centre, 307-325 Waterdale Road, Bellfield, phone 9490 4222.
- Monash Waste Transfer and Recycling Station, 380 Ferntree Gully Road, Notting Hill, phone 9518 3767.
- Coldstream Recycling & Waste Transfer Station, Leonard Road, Coldstream, phone 9739 1227.
- Knox Transfer Station, 251 George St, Wantirna South, phone 9887 4222
- Whitehorse Recycling & Waste Centre, Burwood Highway, Vermont South, phone 9262 6236.