Copies of plans and building documents

If you require a copy of building documents for a property or want to view a file, you must:

  • be the current owner, or have written consent from the current owner
  • complete an application form
  • pay the search and administration fee (this fee is not refundable if documents are unavailable). 

Apply for a copy of building documents  

See copy of building documents application form

Available information

Building plans on file are not always detailed and therefore may not show all the information you require, such as plumbing/sewer details or any underground services. Available information will depend on the age of the document and the detail a draftperson/architect provided at the time.

Further information

Call Council’s Building Services on 9298 4327