Objections or submissions to planning applications
You can view and object to an advertised planning permit application online via our advertised planning permits application list. Advertised information can also be viewed at Council service centres located in Croydon and Ringwood.
It is preferable that submissions and objections are made during the advertising period.
Make an objection to an advertised planning application
Ensure your objection is considered
To ensure your objection is considered by Council:
- Submit it in writing.
- Clearly state the reasons for the objection and how you would be affected by a permit being granted.
- Ensure it is received by the date shown on the notice of application.
- Provide your name and address, if you do not:
- your view cannot be considered by Council
- you will not be registered as an objector to the application
- you will not be advised of Council’s decision.
We will acknowledge receipt of your objection in writing.
Council may reject an objection which it considers has been made primarily to secure or maintain a direct or indirect commercial advantage for the objector.
Review of Council’s decision
If, after considering your objection, Council decides to approve the application, you can seek a review of the decision through the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
Details of the review procedures are provided with the Notice of Decision. You will receive this notice once Council has made a decision on the application.
If Council refuses the application, the applicant can also seek a review of this decision. If this occurs all objectors will be notified in writing.
- Submissions or objections and the personal information they contain is collected by Council for the purposes of the planning process as set out in the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (The Act).
- Your submission or objection – including personal details, will be available at the Maroondah City Council office for any person to inspect and copies may be made available on request to any person for the relevant period set out in The Act.
- You must not submit any personal information or copyright material of third parties without their informed consent. By submitting the material, you agree that the use of the material as detailed above does not breach any third party’s right to privacy and copyright.
- You can request access to your personal information by contacting Maroondah City Council’s Privacy Officer.
Visit our offices at Realm, 179 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood to speak with a Statutory Planning officer:
- Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.