Maroondah Planning Scheme
A planning scheme sets out policies and requirements for the use, development and protection of land. Every municipality has a planning scheme.
The Maroondah planning scheme consists of a written document and any maps, plans or other documents incorporated in it.
- The objectives of planning in Victoria.
- Purposes of the planning scheme.
- A Planning Policy Framework.
- A Local Planning Policy Framework (including the Municipal Strategic Statement).
- Zone and overlay provisions.
- Particular provisions.
- Operational provisions.
- Incorporated documents.
Read more about the Maroondah Planning Scheme
Planning Policy Framework
The Planning Policy Framework covers strategic issues of State importance.
It lists policies under the following clauses:
- 11. Settlement
- 12. Environmental and landscape values
- 13. Environmental risks and amenity
- 14. Natural resource management
- 15. Built environment and heritage
- 16. Housing
- 17. Economic development
- 18. Transport
- 19. Infrastructure
Every planning scheme in Victoria contains this policy framework.
Local Planning Policy Framework
The Local Planning Policy Framework contains a municipal strategic statement and local planning policies.
- identifies long term directions about land use and development across Maroondah
- presents a vision for its community and other stakeholders
- provides the rationale for the zone and overlay requirements and particular provisions in the scheme.
Requirements and provisions
The zone and overlay requirements and particular provisions show:
- the type of use and development allowed in each zone
- additional requirements for subdivision, buildings and works on land that is affected by an overlay
- requirements for any specific uses and development.
The operational provisions provide information on the administration of this scheme and other related matters.
Bushfire Management Overlay
A Bushfire Management Overlay has been added to the Maroondah Planning Scheme. Find out more about the overlay and see if your property is affected.
More on the overlay
Operational provisions advise on the operation, administration and enforcement of the Maroondah Planning Scheme. The meaning of words used in the Scheme are also contained in this section.
Further information on the Maroondah Planning Scheme can be found on the Victorian State Government Planning website.