Main Content Anchor

Temporary and mobile food premises registration

In Victoria, temporary and mobile food premises such as market stalls and food vans require Food Act registration.

Streatrader is the online system for businesses and community groups to register and notify their temporary and mobile food premises with their registering council.

When to use StrEATrader

You must use Streatrader if you:

  • sell food or drink to the public at a stall, tent, marquee or from a mobile food vehicle including a van, trailer or cart
  • hold a public BBQ/sausage sizzle
  • own a vending machine or water transport vehicle.

Even if you make food at home and sell it at the local farmers market you need to have an account on the StrEATrader website. 

Local schools running fundraising events like fetes, hot dog day, or movie and pizza night, should first contact Council.

Using StrEATrader

To use Streatrader, log into: Streatrader login and follow the step by step process.

  1. Completed your application, which will be electronically lodged to the appropriate Council.  An Environmental Health Officer may contact you to discuss your application and to advise you of any fees.
  2. Once your application has been accepted, you can then use Streatrader to lodge a Statement of Trade with each Victorian Council you operate within.

You only need to register your premises once if you undertake the same activities at multiple locations. You will need to register multiple premises only if you have multiple food vans, trailers or vending machines.

Remember to monitor your application status regularly because you cannot trade until both the registration and Statement of Trade have been accepted by Council.

Will you be preparing food from home or a fixed food premises?

 You will also need to register these premises with Council

Further information

If you have any queries about Streatrader, please contact Community Health Services on 1300 88 22 33 or visit the Streatrader website:

Back to top