Creative Producer - Youth Opportunity
Arts in Maroondah is seeking a passionate young Creative Producer (aged 18-25) to lead the development of a new creative project called Arts Activators!
Arts Activators is a group of young creatives, selected through an open call-out process to deliver arts programs, events and projects at Maroondah Federation Estate in Ringwood, a council-owned community and cultural venue.
In the role as contracted Creative Producer you will lead the development of the Arts Activators program at Maroondah Federation Estate
Maroondah Federation Estate, a council-owned community and cultural venue. You will lead the selection and support of a group of local young creatives who will be provided with artist fees and a production budget to deliver their own multidisciplinary Arts Activator project/s.
You will support them to design and deliver their creative project/s by facilitating meetings and providing advice on how to develop and refine their ideas through stages of concept development, planning, engagement, budgeting, production, promotion, delivery and evaluation. Arts Activator projects can be in any medium or format. This may include exhibitions, performances, murals, displays, events or workshops.
You won’t be working alone, the Creative Producer will be supported by experienced members of the Maroondah City Council Arts and Culture team throughout the project. You will also be connecting and consulting with the Council Youth Team and active and enthusiastic local youth groups in development and delivery of the project.
So, if you're a young person (aged 18 -25) who is passionate about supporting other young creatives to realise the art projects they’ve been dreaming of, then we want to hear from you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work with the Council’s Arts & Culture team to lead the development and delivery of the Arts Activators program at Maroondah Federation Estate.
- Consult with Maroondah’s youth networks including Maroondah Youth Wellbeing Advocates and Maroondah FReeZA Committee in the development of the Arts Activators program.
- Lead the call out for young creatives (18-25) to become Arts Activators.
- Work with Council’s Curatorial Program staff to form and lead a selection panel to select the successful Arts Activators.
- Lead and report back on regular meetings with the Arts Activators.
- Liaise with Arts Activators through email, video calls and phone throughout the project.
- Liaise with internal Council stakeholders for the project development (Arts & Culture Team, Youth Services Team, Community and Wellbeing Team).
- Lead the marketing and promotion of Arts Activators programs, supporting the planning and delivery of project outcomes, sourcing required equipment and materials, working within the allocated budget.
- Lead the evaluation of the Arts Activators program.
Position, scope and remuneration
- Payment: $32 per hour plus superannuation
- Role duration: One day per week (7hrs, worked between Tuesday to Thursday) from September 2023 to May 2024 (with the possibility of some additional hours at key stages).
- Location: Maroondah Federation Estate, 32 Greenwood Ave, Ringwood
- The Creative Producer must be a young person aged 18-25 years old.
- Have an Australian Business Number (these are free to apply for and setup).
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check.
- Working with and supporting young creatives in the community to realise their projects.
- Great opportunity to develop and refine the first Arts Activators program.
- Gain professional skills, knowledge and experience working with Council’s experienced Arts and Culture Team.
- Flexibility to manage your work pattern and hours between Tuesday to Thursday (in consultation with Council staff).
Key skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people to facilitate and deliver creative projects.
- Strong events production skills in the visual arts and/or performing arts sectors.
- Experience in the marketing and promotion of creative programs and events.
- Excellent communication and time management skills to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders and young creatives.
How to apply
Alternatively send a copy of your current resume, including examples of any creative projects and outputs to date, together with a cover letter addressing the above key skills and experience, stating how you will succeed in the Creative Producer role to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday 14 September at 11.59pm.
For further information on the program or for any queries in regards to your application, please contact:
Curatorial Program Officer
The project is part of VicHealth Local Government Partnerships and is supported by Maroondah City Council.